Friday, March 9, 2012

What's the resolution of the Mass Effect 2 movie files?

I recently purchased Mass Effect 2 for the PC and it seems that the movie files aren't as clear as the ones in the original Mass Effect. Not all the movies in ME2 are blurry but I noticed whenever I dock at the Citadel, the movie that plays is a big blurry mess. Looks like overdone film grain or something but I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this "problem". I think the ones in ME1 were 1280x800.



Anyways, either the developers were going for a more cinematic feel by overdoing the film grain or I'm just being anal.What's the resolution of the Mass Effect 2 movie files?
The film grain is there because it's on by default in the graphics options. Even if you turn off film grain in-game, it will still be there in the cinematics.



Anyway, I think the cinematic resolution is 1280 x 720 because that's the video resolution of the Xbox 360 version.

No comments:

Post a Comment